If cupcakes could be romantic, then I think I have created the most delicate heart endearing sweet treat that may even send Mr Darcy begging for more!
Rose tea is infused within the cupcake and balanced perfectly by the vanilla frosting.
If you are planning a special high tea or bridal shower, then these exquisite cupcakes will surely impress.
Rose with French Vanilla cupcakes
A subtle rose tea infused cupcake with creamy vanilla frosting.
Write a review
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup ( or 300g tub) sour cream
- 3 x "Rose with French Vanilla' Dilmah tea bags steeped in 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teasp vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups castor sugar
- 1 teasp baking powder
- 1 teasp bi carb soda
- Pre heat oven to 180C/350F
- Line two muffin trays with cupcake liners
- Using a hand whisk combine eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add sour cream and carefully whisk together.
- Squeeze tea bags and slowly pour the rose tea into the wet mix. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, castor sugar, bi carb soda and baking powder.
- Use a dry hand whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Slowly pour wet mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
- Carefully spoon into cupcake liners until each is 2/3 full.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 18 - 20 min or until firm to touch.
- Leave on a wire wrack to cool.
Vanilla cream cheese frosting
- 125g butter chopped
- 125g cream cheese chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Approx 3-4 cups powdered icing mixture
- Approx 1/2 cup pouring cream
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed beat butter well until light and fluffy. Approx 3 min.
- Add cream cheese and beat another minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Turn mixer onto low and add icing mixture about half a cup at a time.
- Pour dashings of cream into the mixture as it stiffens.
- Alternate adding icing mixture and cream until you get the desired consistency.
- Add pink food colouring if desired.
- Fill a piping bag and swirl frosting onto your rose cupcakes using your favourite tip.
Mama Bear's Kitchen http://mamabearskitchen.com.au/
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife…”