250g unsalted butter
3/4 cup pure cocoa sifted
1 1/3 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cup almond meal
1 1/2 cup Gluten Free plain flour (I use White Wings)
1 teaspoon bi carb soda or gluten free baking powder
150g dark chocolate (70% cocoa) melted (optional)
3/4 cup milk
Pre heat oven to 180C
Line 22cm round cake tin
1. Place the butter,cocoa,sugar,eggs,almond meal,flour, melted chocolate and milk in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
2. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour until cooked when checked with a skewer. Allow to cool in tin completely.
Decorate as desired.
I doubled this recipe and put the mix into 4 cake tins.
Baking time was about 30 minutes.
Did I mention how incredibly EASY this cake is?? Gotta love that!!
I filled this cake with fresh raspberry buttercream and poured chocolate ganache over more berries on top, finishing it with toffee shards.
Raspberry Buttercream Icing
125g unsalted butter at room temperature
125g cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
About 3 cups gluten free icing mixture
Dashings of pure cream as needed
1 punnet of fresh raspberries (or defrosted frozen berries)
1. Mix butter and cream cheese in an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract.
2. Turn mixer onto low and gradually add icing mixture. Ensure each addition is mixed thoroughly before adding more. Add tablespoons of cream as needed until icing is fairly smooth.
3. Carefully fold in the raspberries, mixing on low to break some of them up to give a pink colour to the icing. Leave some whole.
4. Fill cold cakes with raspberry frosting.
Drizzle with chocolate ganache and add fresh berries.
200g dark 70% chocolate
1/2 cup pouring cream
1. Bring cream to boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat.
2. Finely chop chocolate.
3. Pour cream over chocolate and stir until all chocolate is melted.
4.Use as a glaze over cake or cool to room temperature before whipping into desired consistency.