These delicious cupcakes are made from my standard Chocolate sour cream recipe. They really come alive with generous lashings of white chocolate cream cheese frosting.
( The BEST ever )
Chocolate sour cream cupcake recipe
Two eggs lightly beaten
1 cup canola oil
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon bi carb soda
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 3/4 cups castor sugar
1/2 cup pure cocoa
* Pre heat oven to 180C
*Prepare muffin tray with cupcake liners
* Whisk eggs, oil, vanilla and water together in a bowl. Carefully add sour cream and whisk until combined.
* In a separate bowl sift flour, bi carb and baking soda.
Whisk in sugar and cocoa.
* Carefully pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
* Pour spoonfuls of mixture into prepared liners, filling quite generously.
* Bake at 180C for about 18-20 min. Cool in tin for 5 minutes before placing onto a wire rack.
White chocolate cream cheese frosting
125g softened butter
125g softened cream cheese
200g block good quality white chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A few tablespoons cream
500g bag icing sugar
About 100g dark chocolate, melted
* Break white chocolate into pieces and put in a double boiler, or put in saucepan over a pan of simmering water. Melt and leave to cool slightly.
* Put butter and cream cheese in electric mixer and mix on med until smooth.
* Add vanilla extract.
* Carefully pour in white chocolate.
* Turn mixer down to low and slowly add icing sugar a little at a time.
* Add tablespoons of cream as needed. You will need to judge the consistency and add cream as needed. You want to have a fairly stiff mixture.
* Prepare icing bag with a large open hole tip.
* Fold the top of the bag over your hand ( or a glass), and using a pastry brush, generously wipe dark chocolate stripes inside the bag. You will only get about two or three strips.
This might seem fiddly, but it is worth it.
* Carefully spoon the white chocolate frosting into the bag. Be careful not to put too much in. You may need to use a couple of bags, as it is difficult to refill.
* Now for the fun bit…. Generously pipe your delicious multi coloured icing onto the yummy chocolate cupcakes and sprinkle lightly with cocoa as desired.